Media players are programs that enable you to stream videos or view media on your device. MX video player is a video streaming platform that was launched in 2011 in India. A creation of MX Media and Entertainment, MX Player has more than 280 million downloads all over the world. You can use it to stream videos, movies, tv shows, documentaries, etc. on your devices, and is currently one of the most popular android video players in the market.
MX Player does not have much use on its own. However, if you frequently use apps such as TeaTV, Cyberflix TV, Live NetTV, etc. on your FireStick, using MX Player will surely enhance your streaming experience.
As MX Player is an android media player, it cannot be downloaded directly via the Amazon app store. However, it can easily be side-loaded on your FireStick device using third-party options. In this article, we provide you with an in-depth guide on how to do so.
Pre Requisites for Downloading MX Player APP on Amazon Firestick using third-party apps
STEP 1: Open settings
STEP 2: Click on the ‘My Fire TV‘ or ‘My Device‘ option.
STEP 3: Tap on ‘Developer Options‘.
STEP 4: Click on “Apps from unknown sources” to turn it on.
STEP 5: FireStick will give you a warning, click on it again to enable it.
Now you can use third-party options to download MX Player on your Amazon FireStick.
To Download MX Player using the Downloader app, simply follow the instructions given below:
Step 1: Search for Downloader App in the App Store or directly download it from Here
Step 2: From the search results, click on the Downloader app and install it.
Step 3: Once the installation has been completed, click on Open to launch the app.
Step 4: After opening Downloader, enter the URL: https://www.FireStickhow.com/mx and click on ‘Go‘.
Step 5: The app will start downloading MX Player apk. Once the download is complete, click on Install to install MX Player.
Step 6: After installation, click on ‘Open’ to launch the MX Player app on your FireStick device.
Step 7: The MX Player apk now holds no value. You can go to the Downloader app and delete it if you wish.
Using ES Explorer
If in case you are unable to download MX Player using the Downloader app, here’s another option for you. You can use ES File Explorer to get the job done. Simply go through the following steps:
Step 1: In the Amazon App Store, type ES File Explorer in the search bar.
Step 2: From the search results, select ES File Explorer and download it.
Step3: After the download has been completed, the file will launch automatically.
Step 4: You will see a ‘Downloader’ icon on the homepage of the app. Click on it.
Step 5: Next, click on the add ‘+’ sign and insert the given link in the box. https://www.FireSticktricks.com/mx. In the ‘name’ box, you can type any name you wish. Click on download now.
Step 6: Once the MX Player app apk has been downloaded, click on ‘next’ > click on install.
Step 7: MX Player app will get installed on your FireStick device. After the installation has been completed, click on open to use the MX Player app.
How to use MX Player on Firestick
MX Player is a media player and does not have any standalone utility as such. It can be used to stream videos on your device. Usually, streaming apps have an in-built media player; however, you can switch to other players for a finer experience.
For switching to MX Player, go to app settings > select MX Player as the default streaming app.
Alternatively, you can also tap on the app icon at the top right corner of any app and select MX Player as the preferred media player
Features of MX Player Firestick
- While other players only support the common video formats, MX Player is capable of playing almost every file including .3gp .avi .divx, .f4v .flv .mkv .mp4 .mpeg .mov .vob .wmv .webm. It supports hardware as well as software decoders.
- If your device holds a good SD card, you can use MX Player to stream full HD videos.
- You can convert file types to any format such as mkv’, ‘amv’, ‘Blueray’, ‘mp4’ etc. as it supports numerous formats.
- MX Player enables you to find subtitle files from your device storage and add them to your video playback. Furthermore, if the subtitle file and the video have the same and location, MX Player will automatically include them in the video.
- For videos with poor sound, the app can boost the volume to 200%, if software decoder is enabled on your device.
- Besides streaming videos from your local storage, you can also browse videos on the internet or local file server and play them via MX Player.
- It includes swipe gestures to adjust the sound, screen brightness, etc. for a simplified user experience.
- It displays the recently- watched movie and completed movies in different colors.
- It includes the ‘kids lock’ feature which prevents children from making calls or launching other apps while watching videos.
- MX Player is also the foremost video player that backs multi-core decoding.
Is MX Player available for download on the Amazon app store?
No, it is not yet available on the Amazon app store but it can easily be sideloaded via third-party apps.
Is MX Player paid?
No, it is free of cost.
Can I use MX Player for offline videos?
Yes, you can.
Does MX Player support 4k?
Yes, it supports almost all video formats including 4k.
Although there are many existing video players in the market when it comes to supporting various formats, the widespread nature of MX video player is unmatched. Besides having some brilliant subtitle support features, it is also one of the only players that support multi-core decoding which will surely boost your streaming experience. Unlike inbuilt media players, MX Player does more than the bare minimum and brings you tons of new and useful features. It is one of the most popular android video players and installing it on your FireStick will help you view videos on your device in a superior manner.