Europe News Desk!! The Sudanese army and the paramilitary Rapid Support Force (RSF) have agreed to extend the current ceasefire, which expired at midnight on Thursday, for three more days. Army General Commander Abdel Fattah al-Burhan late on Wednesday gave preliminary approval for an extension of the ceasefire for 72 hours, the army said in a statement on Thursday, reiterating its extension has now been approved. In response, the RSF said in a statement on Twitter that it had agreed to extend the humanitarian ceasefire for an additional 72 hours from midnight on Thursday, Xinhua news agency reported. “We reaffirm our commitment to the conditions of the humanitarian conflict, considering the circumstances of the Sudanese people and to facilitate the evacuation of diplomats and foreign nationals,” the statement said. The current ceasefire has failed to stop fighting in Sudan’s capital Khartoum and other areas, but it has allowed foreign countries to evacuate their diplomats and citizens from the conflict-torn country. According to the WHO, at least 459 people have been killed and more than 4,000 injured so far in armed clashes between the Sudanese army and the RSF on April 15.
World News Desk!!