Europe News Desk!! South Korea’s Unification Ministry said Thursday it will take necessary steps if North Korea does not respond to Seoul’s call to stop unauthorized use of the now-closed Joint Industrial Park. North Korea’s main newspaper Rodong Sinmun on Wednesday published pictures of South Korean buses plying in Pyongyang that were used to transport North Korean workers to the Kaesong Industrial Complex before the complex was closed in 2016, Yonhap news agency reported. It was done in the park. The ministry said it had already tried to inform North Korea to stop unauthorized use of the Kaesong complex, but received no response. North Korea’s operation at the complex without authorization is a clear violation of South Korean businessmen’s property rights and a related inter-Korean agreement, a ministry official told reporters. North Korea should immediately stop its actions, he said, without elaborating. If he does not respond to our call, the government will take necessary steps. South Korea closed the industrial park in the North Korean border city of Kaesong in February 2016 in response to North Korea’s nuclear and long-range missile tests.
World News Desk!!